I escaped to Austin this weekend.
It had been a good long bit since I left the 214 and I was practically itching to get out. I have dear loved ones, both friends and family, who live down there and I could not wait to see their faces!
Here are this weekend’s highlights:
- Breakfast at Joe’s Bakery– The first priority when I rolled into town Saturday morning was eating, of course! My sweet pal Madyson took me to Joe’s where I devoured some very yummy migas (my go-to).
- Thrifting at Treasure City Thrift– This smaller but sweet thrift store was (semi) well organized and had plenty of women’s clothes to peruse. I managed to find an Anthropologie dress for only $5!!!!!
- Climbing at Austin Bouldering Project– I had heard the best reviews of ABP before finally going. This massive, impressive bouldering gym had routes spaced out so there was little wait time to get onto the wall.
- Drinking at Austin Eastciders– This cidery is maybe a 10 second walk from ABP (not exaggerating). I had the Rose and Sangria and loved both.
- Brunching at Easy Tiger– Sunday morning my fam and I went to this restaurant-bakery and had the most delicious breakfast sandwiches, and split a pain suisse and slice of King Cake.
Austin is one of my very favorite cities to visit because there is always something new and exciting I have not done before. 10/10 recommend Austin for a weekend trip if you’re just dying to get out of the DFW.