Is it just me, or was January long?
Like, really, really long. The month felt like an entire year to me, dragging on and on and on some more.
With a new year and new decade, I would like to introduce a new series of blog posts I will (hopefully) share every month: monthly updates! These monthly updates will include highlights and lowlights, laughter and sorrow, thoughts and musings.
- I have been loving my new job at the climbing gym, it seems like I made twenty new best friends all within a couple of weeks. And I get paid to hype up climbing!!
- I finished all of my law school applications–whew! They were weighing me down, and it feels so nice (and scary) knowing they are done.
- I did not nanny for two weeks in a row (the weeks of Christmas and New Year’s Day), it was nice to have time off, but I missed my little buddies. It seemed like they grew so much in just a span of a couple of weeks!
- I have not seen my therapist, Chelsey, since November. My appointments are really on a come-as-needed basis these days, and while I feel mentally healthy, I know I am due for a check-in. Thankfully, I will see her this Thursday!
This month, I was filled by:
- Making new friends at the gym and following up with old ones that I had lost touch with.
- Plenty of puppy time–no, but actually, I dog sat my friend’s little chunk Butterball and my heart was overflowing.
This month, I was emptied by:
- Not prioritizing corporate worship over other little things, I missed a couple of church services and felt spiritually drained.
- People pleasing instead of prioritizing my need to rest first
In February, I am looking forward to:
Going to Austin in a few weekends!! I get to see some dear, old friends and stay with some beloved extended family members. Quality time in one of my favorite Texas cities!
I am really excited about this new series!
I think it will be a great way for me to reflect and process on each month as it comes and goes. And it will be a great way for me to share updates on my life, what I am doing, how I am struggling, what makes me whole, etc.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read about little ole me. I hope you have a wonderful start to your February!