I’m not much of a lifestyle blogger.
I prefer to stick to what I know: faith, wellness, and travel. But on Instagram, I often talk about my slow mornings, and I figured I should share just what those slow mornings look like.
It isn’t every day I get to have a slow morning, they are mostly reserved for weekends and my days off. And even those days these mornings are not guaranteed. A while back I shared about how I want to treat Saturday mornings as a supplemental Sabbath, and I have been rather successful at that. Woo!
My ideal morning routine looks a lot like:
- Sleeping in some, but not too much. Usually I like to sleep in until 9 a.m., 10 a.m. if I am lucky and my body lets me. It allows me some extra rest, but doesn’t result in me wasting an entire morning.
- Not touching my phone until I have spent time with The Lord. This is so important! I find that if I go straight to social media or texts, it starts my day off wrong: self-absorbed and self-seeking.
- Making coffee and breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day, right? Thank God for Keurig machines and fried eggs.
- Doing a quiet time during breakfast. I love feeding my body and my spirit at the same time.
- Taking a shower and even putting on makeup, if my heart so desires. Nothing like a little TLC for your body! Showering and doing my makeup makes me feel clean, fresh, and ready for the day.
I’m definitely a fan of routines.
I like to establish plans and stick to them. I like to know what to expect and see those expectations through.
Maybe you’re not one for routines, maybe you’re a bit all over the place — which is totally fine! But I do encourage you to find out what works best for you, what works best for your wants and needs, and then do exactly that!
Whether you’re a planner or more of a free spirit, we all need to treat our minds, bodies, and souls well. And the first step to every day is your morning, so figure it out, and just go for it!